GREEN CERTIFIED CLEANINGA Green Carpet Clean
Green Leaf Chem-Dry, GREEN Carpet Cleaners
The chemicals in your carpet cleaning solutions don’t just go away–they end up released into the environment, whether it’s through being thrown out, evaporating into the air, or being carried out on your shoes. Soaps, detergents, phosphates, and other harsh chemicals can be harmful to our air quality, lakes, streams, and forests–so why add them to your carpets? At Green Leaf Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning Services LTD, we believe in sustainability and have been committed to offering an environmentally friendly solution for two decades now.
Our primary cleaning solution, The Natural®, contains only natural ingredients and is on the FDA’s G.R.A.S list; but we don’t stop there when it comes to being Green and sustainable. Our processes use one-fifth of the water compared to steam cleaners, resulting in a healthier home that has less of an impact on the environment.
Our Green Cleaning Standards
At Chem-Dry, we’re always working to be at the forefront of green carpet cleaning. Our commitment to sustainability is part of our mission to provide all people with a cleaner and more healthy living environment. We created the Chem-Dry Certified program to hold ourselves and products up against high standards that protect people, pets, and the planet. See what our standards are below.
Chem-Dry Certified Green Cleaning Products
Several of our products meet the strict standards of the Chem-Dry Certified program:
- The Natural®
- Stain Extinguisher
- World Famous Spot Remover®
- Upholstery Rinse
- Upholster Wet/Foam Cleaner
- Carpet Deodorizer
- Pet Odor Removal
Health, Toxicity & Safety
- Oral Toxicity: products do not include hazardous substances ingested through the mouth
- Dermal Toxicity: products do not include poisonous substances that enter through skin contact
- Inhalation Toxicity: products do not distribute harmful pollutants that are breathed in from the atmosphere
- No Carcinogens: products do not include agents which increase the likelihood of cancer
Protection of Aquatic Life
- High standards for biodegradability and not bioaccumulate. Products must not damage our streams or Mother Earth.
Safety for Materials Contacted
- The pH of the solution of the products must be no less than 3 and no greater than 10.
Clean Air Requirements
- The solution must not contain damaging levels of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Green Carpet Cleaning is Better for the Environment
So why exactly is Chem-Dry® so passionate about being Green? Here’s the thing: if less water goes into your carpets, that means there’s more available for our nation’s reservoirs. Also, because our products are non-toxic, they’re perfect for kids and pets alike–and many people with allergies can actually use our services where others can’t. We live in Washington too and we want to do our part in making sure everyone has a healthy home to come back to at the end of the day.