CARPET CLEANING TIPSGet cleaning tips and tricks from our experts
Three Tips for Proper Carpet Care
from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
We know from experience that carpet cleaning can be a chore- literally. In order to keep your carpets looking good for longer, it’s important to keep them clean. So regular vacuuming and stain maintenance are important. Getting into a regular cleaning routine can make it seem less difficult and you will see great results from it. Understanding the right way to clean carpet will help you save time by doing it correctly the first time with products that do the job right from the start. Not only will our Seal of Approval cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer.
Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great:
- Vacuum regularly with a well-functioning vacuum. Be sure to empty your vacuum often.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to attract more dirt.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 6 to 12 months to remove built-up dirt and dust. For the best results and benefits, try a more frequent 6-month cleaning routine.
Prevent Carpets From Getting Dirty in the First Place
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on your carpet in the first place is a great way to keep it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt before it ever hits your carpet.
- Use mats. Outdoor and indoor mats or runners will catch dirt to greatly reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
- Take off your shoes. You can save wear and tear on the carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before walking on your carpet.
- Change your air filters. Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet & furniture.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet, upholstery, and tile cleaning services throughout Thurston County, Lewis County, & Grays Harbor County, Washington including Olympia, Lacey, Tumwater, Elma, McCleary, Aberdeen, and the surrounding areas.
Green Leaf Chem-Dry
Carpet, Upholstery, Area Rug & Tile Cleaning in Olympia, WA
Call for A Free Estimate:
Hours: Sun-Sat 8am-8pm
*Based on results from a study conducted by an independent laboratory using Chem-Dry's Hot Carbonating Extraction process. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. Airborne bacteria results include the use of sanitizer. Figures are an average across multiple homes.