CARPET CLEANING TIPSGet cleaning tips and tricks from our experts
Three Tips for Proper Carpet Care
from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Having clean carpets is not only aesthetically pleasing, but it also makes your home smell nice and keeps dirt from being ground into the fibers. To make carpet cleaning less of a chore, we suggest setting vacuuming and stain maintenance days to help you develop a routine. The durability and lifespan of your carpet depend on how well you take care of it. Use our high-quality Seal of Approval cleaning products to clean your carpets the right way from the start, so that you don’t waste time correcting mistakes. Not only will this help keep your carpet looking great, but it can also help maintain its warranty requirements.
Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great:
- Vacuum regularly with a well-functioning vacuum. Be sure to empty your vacuum often.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to attract more dirt.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 6 to 12 months to remove built-up dirt and dust. For the best results and benefits, try a more frequent 6-month cleaning routine.
Prevent Carpets From Getting Dirty in the First Place
The best way to keep your carpets clean is to prevent dirt and grime from getting on them in the first place. The following tips can help you do just that:
- Use mats. Outdoor and indoor mats or runners will catch dirt to greatly reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
- Take off your shoes. You can save wear and tear on the carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before walking on your carpet.
- Change your air filters. Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet & furniture.