Essential Wood Floor Cleaning Do’s And Don’ts
Genuine wood floors are a beautiful statement in any home. They also require ongoing care and maintenance to look their best and withstand all that’s sure to come their way. That’s where Chem-Dry can help!
Wood floor cleaning in Tumwater is a wise investment for many reasons. Ultimately, the effort and cost of caring for wood floors pays off significantly in both the short and long term.
Our goal at Chem-Dry is to help floors maintain their durability and beauty for the decades ahead. Our industry-leading service for wood floor cleaning in Tumwater can really pay off.
In addition to scheduling this service regularly, here are a few important do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when it comes to wood floor cleaning in Tumwater.
Keep These Do’s And Don’ts In Mind
- Use a soft mop or microfiber cloth to mop your wood floors
- Wipe up and dry spills quickly.
- Use protective pads on furniture feet to prevent scratching and gouging hardwood floors.
- Keep pet’s nails trimmed to prevent scratching floors.
- Use the beater bar in the “on” setting on your vacuum. This can damage and scratch hardwood floors.
- Use too much moisture when mopping. This isn’t necessary and can potentially make flooring warp or fade.
- Use products like steam cleaners, harsh soaps, wax, or polish on hardwood floors. These can deposit buildup, damage the finish, and leave behind a foggy haze on your hardwoods.
Wood Floor Cleaning In Tumwater
Applying the tips above can help maintain your floors between our visits. Also keep in mind the importance of professional wood floor cleaning in Tumwater at least on an annual basis.
Schedule your FREE price estimate for wood floor cleaning in Tumwater today!